Saturday, November 22, 2008
CIS Presentation
Chris Penn’s presentation on branding yourself on the web was very informative. It has changed my perception of the level of privacy on the internet. The knowledge that anything I do on the internet is readily stored and accessible might potentially benefit to me or hurt me in the future. I googled my name and I couldn’t really find anything but then I googled flyingdutchman265 and I got a lot of results. Everything from Wikipedia and uncyclopedia edits, to a random lacrosse website that I bought something from once. The ease at which this information can be accessed is surprising and a lot could be learned from it by potential employers. Pretty soon the new age background check will be all online. Social networking sites such as facebook are also important to keep track of. My mom has asked me to look up potential employees on face book and find out information about them. I will now take greater steps to present myself in a positive way online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment